Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life on Autopilot


I wake up… undertake my daily chores… have my breakfast( not always coz I’m too lazy to wake up in time)… go to office… do my job… come back… frolic around for some time… and then I go to sleep. Ok I’ve missed a lot of details, but then they are not too consequential with regard to the matter at hand. Life has been too kind to me with all the people around me who love me, care for my well being. Often I get bogged down in scrutinizing the meaning & significance of my life. I find a kind of satisfaction in ascribing an epistemological implication to my existence.

Today I just want to express the most beautiful things I’ve discovered in my life without any grand philosophical justifications. We’ve been attuned to live our lives on autopilot…without paying much attention to the small things that make the fabric of our lives. Well in our pursuit of glory (relative to your aspirations) we often miss the most important moments of our lives. These subtle things, like the words of your Mom & Dad, talks with your brothers & sisters, those long strolls with your friends, and those inane charming talks with your beloved one (or ones), at the end of the day( or life) will be most remembered & cherished. So start collecting them or you’ll be left bankrupt at the dusk of your life. Express gratitude to all the people around you. Don’t carry such a huge ego that a simple smile feels like costing a fortune. Spend quality time with all the people who matter. Don’t economize your relationships.

Live Every Moment, I know it sounds like a cliché
Life just goes on & then you’re part of this cliché.
So what do I do to be one with me?
Just be yourself & love the ones who matter….

So what are you waiting for, just start filling the album of your life….with snaps that you can cherish forever & ever.

2 comments:

Madhvi said...

Life is demanding ....Expectations creep in with every role u play...Ya manpreet u r right, with every moment, there lies a hidden treasure...that which we seldom have time to cherish...Cheers!

sonal said...

Filling the albums of ur life with experience is what one takes back and cherish..I agree that life has become autopilot...work is so demanding that it has taken priorities over many things.. but then its NECESSARY to be connected to REAL things.. and simple things of life...like laughing incessantly or watching the rain falling on ur window or going for a stroll early morning or cooking together or just watching those neighboring kids playing cricket or going to the vegetable market to purchase fresh veggies or walking alone and singing to oneself or sitting in a doctors waiting chamber and going through those magazines and feeling terrible inside or jst smiling after u remember one funny incident which happened sometime back or getting scared of a stupid lizard and screaming on the top of ur voice..or making a weekend trip with old frens to a place away from computers and internet and cell phones or basking at a beach thinking about ur loved one.....aaaahhhhh this list is endless....but then this is wat makes the album of mi life...